As I mentioned a bit on Instagram, I’ve been feeling EXHAUSTED lately.
When my mental health is on point and my physical health feels on top of the world, I get SO excited about feeling so good that I take on too much.
I commit myself to all the plans. If I see an open day on my calendar, I book it up.
But what I forget about is myself. I forget to book time in my calendar for myself.
From working an 8-5, running a blog as my side hustle, starting a journey on YouTube, collaborating + shooting for awesome brands, and then on top of it all making time for family and friends. Like, damn where is the balance in it all?
We all juggle so much in our life. Whether it’s your career, relationships, hobbies or kids, it’s important to step back and make sure you are taking care of yourself, first.
Thank goodness I listened to my body before it was too late. When it comes to be too late, I can get into a deep depression just from burn out. My anxiety gets so bad it becomes unbearable. Read about my mental health journey here.
There are a couple of signals my body gives me when I have neglected my “me” time for too long.
- My digestions stops (Hello constipation!)
- No matter how much sleep I get, I’m exhausted
- I feel unmotivated
- I start to have self-image issues
- I’m negative nancy
- and sassy
Once I realize those signals, I reflect. Here are some of the questions I ask myself.
- When was the last time I worked out?
- When was the last time I spent time alone?
- Have I opened a book lately?
- What have I been doing during my free time?
- How much am I on my phone?
- What about TV?
- What shows am I watching? Are the beneficial to my mood?
- What have I been eating? Too much Pressed Juicery?
- Have I been outside lately?
Be honest with yourself. Then reflect on your answers.
Here are mine:
- When was the last time I worked out? 5 days ago
- When was the last time I spent time alone? I can’t even remember
- Have I opened a book lately? 7 days ago, and it lasted 5 minutes
- What have I been doing during my free time? Watching too much reality TV, blogging, editing Youtube, scrolling, and surfing the web
- How much am I on my phone? Too much
- What about TV? Too much
- What shows am I watching? Are they beneficial to my mood? As much I love the shows, they are probably not beneficial to my life.
- What have I been eating? Too much Pressed Juicery? Going out to eat too much, eating foods that upset my stomach and too much Pressed Juicery!
- Have I been outside lately? Yes, but I was distracted
My body is different than yours, of course. However, this will give you a general idea of what I mean when I say I listen to my body and reflect. So once I reflect my answers, I pull out my planner and make those changes to minimize my bad habits. It’s a reset.
Here is what I’m doing differently:
- I’m doing hot yoga 3 days a week and F45 3 days a week (Alternating between the 2)
- Saying goodbye to television after work
- Meal prepping my paleo based diet for the work week
- Stocking my pantry with healthy foods (No more Doordash and Pressed Juicery)
- Reading my book at least 15 minutes every night
- Light my candles and meditate
- Drink CALM magnesium with lemon water at night
- Massage my tummy with CBD oil every night
- Wake up earlier + enjoy the morning. (No more rushing too work)
- Pray – take time to be with Him.
I already feel better knowing this plan is in place. Life is amazing and I feel so incredibly blessed so I want to take care of my one and only body so I can feel and be my absolute best for myself and others.
Love yourself and everything will be okay.
Tell me – when life is so good, do you forget about yourself, too?