Mashed Potatoes is a staple at any holiday dinner, whether it be for Thanksgiving or Christmas, right?!
So, just because you eat a primal diet (paleo), does not mean you don’t get to reap the benefits of a delicious mashed potato recipe. In exchange for mashed potatoes, we are going to use cauliflower. You would be surprised, it tastes almost identical….maybe a little better? 🙂
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
These ingredients match the serving in the photo above, so if you are having a large gathering, double or triple the recipe!
- 1 Large Cauliflower head
- 2-4 cloves of Fresh garlic (depending on preference)
- 3 inches of Grass-fed butter
- Fresh thyme
- Separate cauliflower into florets and cut in smaller chunks.
- In a medium pot, place cauliflower + peeled garlic and enough cold water to cover the vegetables.
- Place a lid on top and bring to a boil, lower heat and let cook (about 10-12 minutes)
- Drain water from cauliflower + garlic
- Place tender cauliflower in a blender with butter and fresh thyme.
- BLEND and add black pepper + himalayan salt to taste.
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh thyme.