Salads have always been my go-to lunch or dinner.
They are super easy to make and are incredibly delicious, if made correctly! My goto rule with salads, is less is more! I think this spring greens salad recipe really proves that rule to be true.
Each forkful is incredibly flavorful, but also feels like you are feeding your body exactly what it needs.
What makes a salad unhealthy, is the dressing, which is why I love to make my own! However, this salad in particular was so tasty on it’s own, that finding a dressing to compliment it, was so important. That’s why I decided to go full Italian, and just use olive oil, a tiny bit of balsamic vinegar and Himalayan salt. That simple.
This is the perfect staple meal to incorporate into your lifestyle for getting in shape for summer. It is incredibly nutritious; you’re feeding your body whole foods, vitamins and ingredients that your body needs to properly operate at an optimal level.
Arugula is the greens of choice because of it’s peppery taste.
- It’s packed with nutrients such as pro-vitamin A carotenoids and vitamins B9 and K (31).
- It’s also one of the best sources of dietary nitrates, a compound that turns into nitric oxide in your body.
- Though the benefits of nitrates are debated, some studies have found that they may help increase blood flow and reduce blood pressure by widening your blood vessels (32Trusted Source).
Try this spring, clean recipe for yourself!
- Organic Arugula
- Organic Blueberries
- 1 Organic Avocado
- Goat Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Himalayan Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Toast pecan for 7-10 minutes, stirring occassionally
- Toss arugula, blueberries, avocado, goat cheese, toasted pecans in a bowl
- Drizzle olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper on salad, and then toss!
If you enjoyed this recipe, check this one out, too!
- Chat with me xx