The best healthy brownie recipe.
I truly did not think it would be possible to make a healthier version of brownies taste just like regular brownies. I mean, even the batter and the smell of them baking in the oven are all the same!
And because they are vegan, I have no problem eating all of the batter (no raw eggs!). Well… let me be honest, raw eggs don’t really stop my hands from eating that delicious batter either (oops!).
To top it off, they are also paleo, gluten-free and gut-friendly! I ate a number of these babies and didn’t receive any bloat or indigestion… or guilt! In fact, I even ate one for breakfast with my coffee… because why not? Side note: that combo is unreal
Trevor loved them so much, he wanted me to brainstorm how to sell these in the grocery store! He was even trying to convince me to keep this recipe a secret… but I couldn’t do that to you guys. You know me, anything amazing I find, make or discover, I HAVE to share it with you! Xx
You only need five ingredients to make these and they are sooo easy.
Sweet Potatoes: Highly nutritious full of fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Promotes gut health
- May have cancer-fighting properties
- Support healthy vision
- May enhance brain function
Cacao: also highly nutritious and full of an antioxidant, called Polyphenols.
- May reduce high blood pressure
- May lower your risk of heart attack and stroke
- May improve mood and symptoms of depression
- May improve symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes
Maple Syrup: Contains vitamins and minerals, however, is high in sugar
- Provides at least 24 antioxidants
- Best consumed in moderation
Almond Butter: Almonds deliver a massive amount of nutrients
- Loaded with Antioxidants (which help protect against stress, inflammation, aging and disease)
- High in Vitamin E
- Can assist with blood sugar control
- The magnesium found in almonds also benefit blood pressure levels
- Can lower cholesterol levels
At the end of the day, these brownies are made from some very nutritious ingredients. I always like to know the benefits of all the ingredients I add to my meals so I hope you found those facts to be helpful!
Let’s dive right into the recipe – enjoy! Xx