Fig & Nut Summer Salad…aka the most tasteful and refreshing dish of the season.
I whipped this salad up for mine and Trevor’s picnic… and man, was it good. It is so incredibly filling just on it’s own or add a piece of pesto chicken. (Recipe coming soon!)
This is now our picnic staple. It’s so easy to transport and isn’t messy!
Our afternoon went a little something like this:
- Picnic basket full of Ashland Seltzers and Fig & Nut Summer Salad
- Crate and Barrel Wine Glasses
- A soft and comfortable blanket
- Toes in the sand
- Warm golden rays and a light refreshing ocean breeze
- A beautiful sunset
- A “clink” from us cheersing and taking this summer night all in
I love how food can create warm and loving memories like this.
This Fig & Nut Summer Salad will forever make me think of that warm and calming summer night. I hope you can make a nice memory of your own with this recipe.
Here are the health benefits to this recipe:
Figs: They may promote healthy digestion, decrease your risk of heart disease, and help you manage your blood sugar levels.
Arugula: High in calcium, potassium, folate, vitamin C, vitamin K, and vitamin A
Spinach: High in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K1, folic acid, iron and calcium.
Goat Cheese: has more medium-chain fatty acids than cow’s milk. These types of fat are rapidly absorbed in your body and less likely to be stored as fat.
Thyme: Boosts your immunity, boosts your mood, and is a remedy for acne treatment!
Fig & Nut Summer Salad
- Goat Cheese
- Himalayan Salt
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Take a handful of spinach and a handful of arugula to start your base of the salad
- Toss in some toasted chopped pecans
- Throw in some goat cheese
- Dice up some basil and toss it into the salad
- Slice up some avocado and figs, then place them on the salad.
- Sprinkle some fresh thyme on top
- Add salt and crack pepper
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette to your liking
Check out my other salad dishes here and here.