This pesto chicken and zucchini noodle recipe is a long time coming. I’m terribly sorry about the delay!
TBH, with recipes, I love to test them a couple of times to make sure I got it just right. Also, before I post, I have to get the perfect photo of it. Both are my excuses on why I haven’t posted this recipe sooner. 🙂
Here are the health benefits to this recipe:
Zucchini: Rich in nutrients like magnesium, calcium, Vitamin B and Zinc. This veggie is high in antioxidants and say hello to healthy digestion.
Pesto: Loaded with antioxidants, monounsaturated fats (which is known to lower “bad” cholesterol, and contains so many vitamins and nutrients.
Sun Dried Tomatoes: Packed with vitamin C, full of fiber, and a good source of vitamin k .
Pine Nuts: Packed with vitamins, nutrients and heart-healthy fats.
Alright, lets get into it –
Pesto Chicken and Zucchini Noodle Recipe
- Pre-made zucchini noodles
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Pre-made pesto sauce
- Pine nuts
- Organic chicken thighs
- Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 375.
- Prep the chicken thigh: add chicken thigh to a pan or oven-friendly glass pan. Unfold the chicken thigh so they are no longer rolled. Squeeze half a lemon and a couple of scoops of pesto. Make sure all of the chicken thigh is lathered into the pesto and lemon juice. After, lay the chicken flat on to the pan.
- Sprinkle sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts on to the chicken thigh then cook chicken in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Once there’s 5-10 minutes left on the chicken timer, start the zucchini noodles.
- Add zucchini to a skillet. Drizzle a table spoon or so of olive oil to the zucchini.
- TIP: Use scissors to cut the zucchini into shorter noodles.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes and let cook. Stir occasionally.
- 2-3 minutes left on the chicken timer, add pesto to the zucchini and pine nuts.. stir occasionally until chicken is finished.
- Serve and enjoy.
If you enjoyed this recipe, try this stuffed acorn squash recipe here or this pesto alfredo spaghetti recipe here.
Let me know if you try this recipe! If you do, tag me on IG so I can see! Xoxo